Maybe I was a little being hard on MTGO in my last article. After thinking for a while, I decided to jump back in to give it a second chance.
Here’s my mission: keep on playing MTGO, but try not spend any more money. (remember that I said try)
Here’s the plan:
- Use my “New to Magic” drafts, try to pull some cards to trade in for TIX.
- Buy a Pauper deck and start Grinding
- Grind, Grind, Grind
- Convert Play Points into TIX through Drafting/Sealed
- Buy More Decks
I’m going to check back in every Monday to share where I am. This is the record of what I did this week:
- Bought 4 TIX
- Sold all the cards in my collection that I didn’t need for 3 TIX
- Phantom Draft 2-0 , no good prizes
- Bought Pauper Dredge for 2 TIX
- Paid 2 TIX, Played a Match of Pauper Dredge, lost 2-1
- Paid 2 TIX, Played a Match of Pauper Dredge, won 2-0
- 4 “New to Magic” Credits
- 1 TIX
- 35 Play Points
- Pauper Dredge Deck
So, I’ve spent 14$ on MTGO, and what I have is valued at about 6.50$. Let’s see if we can get anywhere. I hope that this will be interesting to watch as I progress (I hope).