Fragmentizing, Naturalizing, and Rejecting the Damn Copter

screen-shot-2016-11-05-at-12-41-07-pm

Want to play Standard? Too bad. Either play four Copters, plan to play against four Copters, or do both. Your deck can’t play or fight copters? Then it’s trash. Come back in what, two years, because of the new Rotato Potato.

smugglerscopter

Why is this card so good? For one, it combos with a lot of artifact synergies that are in Standard. Second, it’s an evasive beater that just does a ton of damage, and three, it’s a way for aggressive decks to get card selection while still beating down

screen-shot-2016-11-05-at-12-41-25-pm

Standard should not look like this. Unfortunately, it does, and we have to deal with it. So, how do we do this?

These are the three cards that efficiently take out the Copter. When building a deck, I’m willing to maindeck at least one of Fragmentize or Natural State because there are so many targets. There is not likely to be a scarcity of artifacts and enchantments. It might not be good when you use it to take out a Clue, but you can side it out, and it makes up for it by being able to kill the Copter game one. There are a lot of Clues, Stasis Snares and Scrapheap Scroungers, and Vessels of Nascency running around. However, 63% of deck do play Copter, and Fragmentize and Natural State aren’t completely dead against the other 37%. Though Ceremonious Rejection is not good for the maindeck, it also hoses a ton of other colorless cards, so it’s not only for the Copters. It can get a lot of the pieces in the Aetherworks Marvel decks, Aetherflux Reservoir decks, and Metalwork Colossus decks.

These should be sideboarded way more heavily, and Natural State and Fragmentize should be maindecked in a lot of circumstances, looking at the metagame.

What do you think? Comment below!

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s